BACON, BACON, BACON!

by - 9:03:00 AM

Last night I decided to try something new for dinner that I've never attempted to cook before. I was sitting in my bed checking my emails because I've definitely been lacking with that. There is no reason my inbox should say over 5000+ emails. ( pet peeve ). Anywho, I receive newsletters from a fellow blogger Janae Raquel, if you aren't aware of who she is, get aware.. she's amazing ( & not only because we have the same first name)! Yesterday she blogged about a dish she had made, Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breast  !!! Yum, so I guess the dish was on my mind subconsciously all day because it's all I craved to cook. 

What you need :  Source: JanaeRaquel.com

  • FOIL
  • GLASS PAN
  • BACON (beef or pork 3-4 STRIPS)
  • SEASONED CHICKEN BREAST
  • KALE (FEW PIECES)
  • CREAM CHEESE (TABLE SPOON)
  • SHREDDED CHEESE (2 TABLES SPOONS / SLICE)
  • BASIL (PINCH)
  • SALT (2 PINCHES)
  • OLIVE OIL (DRIZZLE)

What to do :

  • Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
  • Season your chicken breast with the spices of your choice.. I used Six Peppers seasoning, Onion powder, and a creole seasoning.
  • Lay 3-4 strips of bacon down on your cutting board vertically and place your chicken breast on top.
  • Spread a layer of cream cheese on top of your chicken breast and sprinkle a pinch of basil and a pinch of salt over it or you can mix it in your cream cheese before spreading it on to your chicken breast.
  • Add two layers of the cheese of your liking. I used one layer of sharp cheddar and one layer of mozzarella cheese.
  • Add a few pieces of kale or spinach to the top of your chicken breast.
  • Fold one side of your bacon of your chicken breast and try to tuck it so that it will not come a loose and then fold over the other side of your bacon. You may also use toothpicks to keep in place.
  • If you would like somewhat of a sweet taste, you can sprinkle brown sugar on top of your bacon 
  • Place your Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breast in your glass pan and cover with foil. Then place in the oven for 40minutes or until your bacon and chicken is cooked to your liking. Midway through cooking, take the foil off the pan for the dish to brown a little.

WAAAH LAAAH!!!!

I also made a side of vegetable medley which includes roasted potatoes, snap peas , red peppers , green peppers, and corn. But, of course you can create whichever side you would like with your meal. It was a hit with my household. Everyone enjoyed it and I definitely had fun making it!  

What are you making for dinner tonight ? Please share!

Bon Appetít,

NAEE

You May Also Like

0 comments