SELF CARE: #LOVEYOURSELF

by - 2:08:00 PM

                I feel like I've lost my connection doing a lot of things that I really used to enjoy doing . I believe its because I was so lost and always about the person I was in a relationship with. I feel like I put the things that I wanted to do and dreams on hold because I wanted to make sure I was supporting my significant other with their endeavors. Once the relationship was over I begin to actually realize that I had to build myself back up and get back to being me. I can't believe it was so easy for me to get lost in my relationship the way that I did. Just my opinion, but it seems like females are always constantly trying to prove that they are worth it. You have to know how to cook, clean, give your man bomb ass sex, support his dreams, always be on your toes and be a crying shoulder when he comes home wanting to vent to you about his day. That's not even everything expected of you and how dare you not have all of your shit together! 

When the shoe was on the other foot and I needed him to provide me with the same, he fell short. I realized I was with someone who was about themselves and only worried about shit that concerned them. I began to feel neglected in the relationship but continued to stay and tried to work on it because I also didn't want to be a quitter. I wanted to know that I attempted to do everything I could before I just said fuck all of this. Of course, the selfishness and the verbal abuse was too much for me and once priorities start getting all fucked up, I knew it was time to let go. 

Welp, BIH YOU GUESSED IT ! *lol* That relationship has been dead, its a year later and I'm glad to say I've learned so much about myself in this time. I've grown so much and I have definitely realized how much more my worth is. I've reconnected with good friends, start rebranding myself and I began to act on all the business plans I had. A lot of new opportunities have been brought to be and I feel so blessed.  It is very important to take care and love yourself before you try to take care of and love someone else. Whether you have a relationship or friendship with someone make sure you take the time out to still #loveyourself. What are some things you have went through that made you realize your worth? What are some hobbies that interest you that you can do alone, have 'me' time, and clear your mind? 

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. It is so important as women for us to step up and to ask for the same thing in return. We have to understand that it is 2016 and the same standards that they had back in the 60's may not be the same standards we live up to. Women are born with the qualities of nurturing others, but it does not mean we have to always be the one doing it. In relationships its a 50/50 thing. I am so happy you found yourself and realized that you have to love yourself first before loving others. Its a great feeling honestly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes the feeling is def. amazing ! My outlook on things are so different now and I'm happy to be in a better place with a more positive state of mind .

    ReplyDelete