SELF CARE: MY DAILY SKINCARE ROUTINE

by - 3:58:00 PM



  Since attending Aveda Institute to receive my license as a Esthetician, I've become more interested in caring for my skin. I've always washed and moisturized my face in the morning and at night, but I never paid attention to the ingredients in certain products. I didn't know that two products that I was using were working against each other or If I actually was using the correct products for my skin type. 

My facial skin type is most normal but can also be Normal to Dry or Normal to oil, which also depends on things like the seasons changing or my diet just to give a couple examples. I am not to prone to have acne breakouts. I seldom get breakouts but when I do the causes are usually due to my menstrual, stress, or change in seasons or products. 


Daily Skincare Routine :


I use Aveda All Sensitive Creme Cleanser  and Moisturizer to cleanse my face in the morning. I use the same products in the evening unless I am removing makeup. Before I apply my cleanser I will use Garnier's Clean +Soothing Makeup Removing Cleansing Towlettes ( cleanses and refreshes the skin) and then apply my moisturizer. Every so often I will include Aveda Botanical Kinetics Exfoliant after the cleanser and before the moisturizer. This exfoliant comes in liquid form and can be applied with cotton balls, cosmetic wedges, or 4x4 cotton cloths. 
On my oily days I cleanse with face with Garnier's Micellar Cleansing Water or Garnier's Clean + Purifying Oil-free Cleansing Towlettes ( removes excess oil, cleanses & refreshes ). I then apply Garnier's Shine Control Cleansing Gel followed by Garnier's Pore Purifying 2-in-1 Clay mask or if I seen a few blackheads I will apply Garnier's Blackhead Eliminating Scrub ( unclogs pores & clears complexion ). Since using these products within my daily skin care routine, I have less blackheads appearing and I am in more control of my face when It is oily. My makeup applies easy and smooth and without makeup my face is always glowing. My complexion has cleared up a lot including darker spots from irritation and popping blackheads in the past. One of my favorite products I use ever so often as well as a treat to my face is the charcoal face mask, Dark Angels, by Lush. 

It is important to to know your skin type and which activities in your daily life affect it. I am open to answer  any questions or give suggestions. Follow my beauty IG page ( @_beautybynaee ) for more skincare tips, or to book me if your local ( in Charlotte,NC or surrounding areas ) for a consultation and/or facial. Let's get started on your journey to healthier skin. Did i just plug myself ? YES! I did that. LOL 


Pictured below are the products mentioned above:




 

You May Also Like

0 comments